.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

LOTR Librarian

This blog is for lovers of LOTR wishing to find information about Tolkien, discuss Tolkien, or for librarians who happen to love Tolkien's books. (No movie discussion here, please.) It is also for general librarianship rants based on experiences or beliefs of the LOTR Librarian. Attention Spammers: Your comments will be deleted. Don't waste your time here. Go elsewhere. English-only comments please. If you want to comment in Mandarin, German, Spanish, etc; frequent blogs in those languages.

Name:

"Oyarsa" for those who don't know, is the name of an archangel (or "god" with a little 'g') in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. I liked the character, so I stole the name. Who am I? I am a library science student in Illinois who has a variety of interests--too many to list! I have worked in libraries for five years and counting.

Are you a good person?

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Greetings!

I am the LOTR Librarian. That is, I am a librarian who happens to be a fan of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings novel and his other writings.

My favorite Tolkien fan website is http://www.tolkienonline.com.

Any other Tolkien-fanatic librarians out there?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Oh, LOTR Librarian!
I love Tolkien too.
Read the Silmarillian last summer, or was it two years ago...
I must admit I grew a little obsessed. I really like books that you can live in.

Tue Mar 15, 09:08:00 AM PST  
Blogger Oyarsa said...

JMG1962,

Just Met Gene (Kelly) in 1962?

I have a knack for deciphering the meanings of screen names. Now that I've deciphered yours, all is right with the world.

I hate to break it to you, but while Gene Kelly WAS alive in 1962, it's not 1962 anymore. Nonetheless, I will respond. ;-)

You read the SilmarilliOn, eh? How did you like it? What parts stuck out to you as being the better ones?

For myself, I recently reread it (read: two days ago) and the image in my most recent rereading that stuck in my mind most was that of Beren's prophetic dream.

Sun May 01, 09:27:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home